Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Santa Fe folk art museum

In August we drove my eldest daughter to Arizona for her first year of college! Trying to make this a fun trip and not just a stressful one we took two days off in Santa Fe, New Mexico one of my new favorite places. Two of my children accompanied me to the folk art museum we spent over three hours there and they would have stayed longer, but I was hungry. We took lots of pictures I loved everything there.





After the long tearful drive home... 
I began playing in my studio again

One of the first pieces was this


I made a few but they quickly morphed into this

Tiger

Horse?

Goat

Elephant

Giraffe 

Kitty

Deer/moose

Teddy bear

Squirrel
There are many more but I hate to be boring. I did not realize they were related to the folk art museum until I looked back at all my photos. I am having a lot of fun figuring them out. They are simple and yet not, it takes planning in order for me to build them and each one has a flaw and a lesson. 

More coming...








No comments:

Post a Comment